Sunday, September 9, 2007

It begins...

That's right - new city, new blog. I was sick of trying to explain the old address too. Bygone in-jokes with a limited scope of recognition do not good web addresses make. Lesson learned. Incidently, anyone who recognizes where my new address comes from will get the satisfaction of knowing we have the same taste in... well, something. No hints. But a quick Google search has revealed a similarity to a certain South Park episode title and I can only assure you that's not what I'm referencing. Ugh. Move your minds along, people.

Anyway, I've moved to Chicago, because the commute to Northwestern from Indy would have been a bitch. I'm sure this will result in hijinks aplenty, and this will be a good a place as any to record them. Classes haven't started yet and I've only been here two days, and so far my adventures have consisted mainly of unpacking and putting stuff away all while watching some deliciously angsty episodes of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on DVD. (Shut up - it was a great show when I was 13 and it's a great show now. I am so excited for the Lex Luthor body-switch/amnesia/evil heart-stealing doctor plotline that words fail me.) Moving in was epic thanks to one way streets, non-existent instructions from management and an elevator controlled by what must be some severely disgruntled and possibly mentally impaired monkeys. My dad deserves the gold medal in Cirque du Soleil-style parking garage Uhaul maneuvers. And silver and bronze, too. The last time I parked my car, I headed back towards my building, and this is a rough approximation of my internal monologue after a while of walking: "Okay, the lake is this way, so my apartment is this way. This isn't that hard. Those flowers are nice. Hey, this street looks familiar... Well look at that, a silver 'Rolla with Indiana pla... oh. Crap. Let's rethink this... where the hell is Lake Michigan?" I haven't had to drive anywhere since, but I am 98% sure I will be able to find my car again when I want to go somewhere. I'll put up some pictures when there aren't boxes and unhung pictures and unshelved books everywhere. I gotta get going now, though. Lois and Clark are undercover in a marriage counseling camp, and I have a feeling the leader is cryogenically freezing couples to repopulate the earth after some cataclysmic event. I don't want to miss it.

5 comments :

  1. Christine said...

    there's no shame in loving lois and clark

    PS you need to make it so i can leave comments without using a google account, loser!

    www.phoenixchristine.wordpress.com

  2. Anonymous said...

    yay. I like your wittiness. Send photos! I still haven't seen the video...maybe tomorrow. Oh - I heard you're coming home this weekend...miss me already?? :)

  3. Jenna said...

    Hey sexual. I love the background. It is hot. Do you miss me? Cause you know I miss you lady! Write again, I click on your link everyday and I need a new article to read :)

  4. Unknown said...

    Its been beginning for three weeks now... Time for an update!

  5. Jenna said...

    If I come and stay with you for a few days before Christmas...I am expecting a new post all about me. And my visit.


    Deal?